Friday 7 July 2023

Books that Made Me

 We asked members of staff to share ‘the books that made them’. These are the choices of Ms Dauncey, Spanish Teacher.
________________________________


The book I am currently reading…

is Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell. I’m still only at the start but I have heard lots of great things!


My favourite book as a child…

was the Little Pete stories by Leila Berg. This is an old book that I used to read every time I was at my grandparents house. It used to live on their shelf but the eventually passed it down to me, with all the pages falling off the spine from so much use. 


The last book that made me cry…

The People on Platform 5 by Clare Pooley.  A feel good read but with some tender
moments.

The last book that made me laugh...

The People on Platform 5 by Clare Pooley.



My comfort read…

any sort of page turner. I love a thriller!

The one book I think everyone should read is…

Dreamland by Rosa Rankin-Gee. I discovered this book when I was on holiday in Margate and as it was set in Margate I decided to buy it. Little did I know it would be a book that I have recommended to all my friends. It’s cli-fi, which I also didn’t know was a genre until I read this book! A page turner in a very near future which we can all relate to. Deals with the themes of inequality, climate, relationships, abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome back!

Welcome to 2024 ! Hope you had a good break and enjoyed some brilliant books.  For those of you who need some encouragement, there are some ...