Wednesday 9 March 2022

International Women's Day - a poem

To celebrate International Women's Day, our Year 7 students were set the task of writing an inspirational poem or speech by our wonderful History Department.  

One of the poems that particularly impressed Ms Rodgerson, was this empowering and inspiring poem by Imogen:


Why am I a girl, 

To dress up or put on makeup,

to fight with boys just to breakup.

Why am I a girl,

To wear high heels instead of trainers,

Or to hide myself in secret chambers,

Why I am a girl,

To glide instead of run,

Or to become someone's bride?

Why am I a girl,

to Run on the track reaching for my dream,

With shoes on that barely have a seam,

I am a girl,

and proud to be one,

I turned that little girl into someone...

a champion!

I turned that little girl into me!

By Imogen M, Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome back!

Welcome to 2024 ! Hope you had a good break and enjoyed some brilliant books.  For those of you who need some encouragement, there are some ...