Friday 19 June 2020

The Books that Made Me - Mrs Ani, Learning Mentor

We are asking members of staff to share ‘the books that made them’.  Below are the choices of Mrs Ani, Learning Mentor
________________________

The book I am currently reading : Is A Treasury of Poems for almost every possibility. Edited by Allie Esiri and Rachel Kelly. I love reading poetry and this compilation has lots of my favourites.

My favourite book as a child:  Aesops Fables - It had lots of entertaining morality tales and introduced me to new ideas including new ways of thinking about everyday situations.

The Last book that made me laugh: Bird Brain by Guy Kennaway.  It is a gentle yet eccentric story filled with satire. It is about a man who loved shooting birds being reincarnated as a pheasant. It is beautifully written and ends as it started during a pheasant shooting incident. 

My comfort read: BBC Publication of The Nations Favourite Childhood Poems. Poetry brings me comfort. I find myself returning to this particular compilation of poems as it contains all my favourites. From 'Gust becos I could not spell' by Brian Patten to 'The song of Hiawatha’ by H.W. Longfellow.

The one book I think everyone should read is:

If This Is A Man by Primo Levi.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome back!

Welcome to 2024 ! Hope you had a good break and enjoyed some brilliant books.  For those of you who need some encouragement, there are some ...